Happy April! Living Los Angeles has been officially up and running for 2 months now so I figured it’s time to give some insight about the girl behind the blog. Since there are 30 days in April, I’m going to share 30 things you didn’t know about me.
I picked up this shirt from Brandy Melville last spring and thought it was a great time to update my profile pictures as well. I’ve linked the pieces to my look below (exact or the most similar).
30 Things You Didn’t Know About Me:
- I am originally from Sacramento, CA.
- I didn’t move to L.A. until September 2014. I’ve always felt a connection to Southern California but it wasn’t until we visited for my youngest daughter’s first birthday that I knew I needed to live here.
- I graduated from CSU Sacramento in 2007 with a B.A. in Apparel Marketing and Design. It was kind of a strange road to landing on that major. My original major was Biology thinking I wanted to be a pharmacist (LOL), changed my mind to Interior Design (which I love) but it was impacted and I didn’t want to be in school forever so the next closest major that accepted all of my credits was Apparel Marketing and Design.
- I didn’t actually work in fashion until 2015. I became a personal stylist in April 2015 and prior to that I worked at the Gap Inc. call center (doesn’t count), a bank, and for a well known Sacramento based vision insurance company as a Senior Client Specialist, Client Broker Rep and in Accounts Receivable.
- This blog, Living Los Angeles, was inspired by a Facebook memory talking about how much I love living here. I was inspired to share that love with anyone willing to listen (ha!)
- You will never catch me listening to country music.
- I cannot stand gossip or girl drama. It makes me very uncomfortable. If I hear someone gossiping I want to run the other direction.
- Laughing is my favorite thing to do. I feel like I have a great sense of humor and don’t take life too seriously.
- My top 3 favorite movies are: Step Brothers, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Superbad.
- I LOVE Reggae Music. Nine times out of ten that is what I am listening to.
- I have NEVER seen the following shows: The Bachelor, Grey’s Anatomy or The Voice – yes, NEVER!
- My celebrity girl crushes are Kendra Wilkinson Baskett and Kristin Cavalari.
- I’ve been told I look like Christina Applegate in 3 job interviews.
- My favorite holiday is the 4th of July.
- Prior to 2014 I had never hiked before.
- I buy 95% of my clothes online.
- I met my husband in P.E. class when I was 14 but we didn’t start dating until I was 20.
- My husband and I have now been together for 11 years and married for 8 1/2.
- My all time favorite TV Shows are: Impractical Jokers, The Office, Friends and How I Met Your Mother.
- My parents live in Arizona and I have a younger sister that lives in Sacramento.
- The things I am most insecure about: my legs, my teeth and my forehead wrinkles.
- I typically only wear makeup 3 days a week.
- I absolutely LOVE the Dodgers even though I don’t fully understand the rules of baseball.
- I’m very direct and honest (well you may have guessed that).
- I love leg day.
- I am an introverted extrovert.
- I went to cosmetology school for 1 month and dropped out.
- What I love most about L.A. is the diversity and energy of the city. Unlike where I grew up, every different neighborhood, town and city has it’s own unique vibe and personality.
- I used to be terrified to workout in the free weight room.
- And for the kicker: I’m currently studying to be a Certified Personal Trainer.
I hope you all enjoyed this post and getting to know me a little better! If you’ve been loving my blog and don’t want to miss any posts please subscribe in the side bar.