If you’ve been following me for any length of time, you should know I’m a beach junkie. This post came highly requested so I’m here to share my favorite summer beach essentials. These are all things I own and love and never hit the beach or pool without. All are absolute must haves in my book and are very affordable and will last you forever.
click the numbers to shop:
- Beach Chair – these chairs are a godsend. They fold into a backpack and have a cooler and another storage pack in the back which are super handy. They can also fully recline.
- Oversized Beach Towel – I will admit, I had been using my kids’ Disney beach towels for the past several years. My feet or head were always hanging off and it was so annoying. Trust me, the adult oversized beach towels are worth it.
- Sunscreen spray – easy to put on and go and dries quick. It’s an absolute must have to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Sun hat – it is so important to protect yourself from the sun. Plus the oversized brim helps shade your face so you can read a book or scroll through Instagram.
- Sunscreen Powder – I use this on my face every single day. It’s lightweight and goes on undetected over makeup. It’s perfect for the pool and beach and doesn’t burn your eyes like sunscreen lotions do.
- Wet Brush – my hair and the kids hair gets crazy at the beach and pool. This gentle detangling brush doesn’t rip my hair and can be easily stored in your purse or beach bag.
- Creaseless hair ties – when it’s super windy at the beach, I like to tie my hair back. If I’ve spent time curling my hair I don’t want to ruin it with a hair tie crease. These invisibobble’s work great and don’t crease your hair.
- CC Cream with SPF 50 – I also use this every single day in the summer. It’s lightweight and moisturizing but also offers full coverage and SPF 50. You can never protect yourself enough from the summer sun.
- Hydroflask – It is so important to stay hydrated while out in the sun. This bottle helps keep your water ice cold for up to 24 hours.
- Sunscreen Lip Balm – we always remember to apply sunscreen to our faces but the skin on our lips is equally delicate. Don’t forget to also apply a moisturizing SPF lip balm to also prevent your lips from burning.
- Beach Bag – if everything I need can’t fit into my beach chair, I also tote along my beach bag. The straw style is super cute too. We also use ours for the pool.
- Sunglasses – I always wear my polarized sunglasses to the beach to protect my eyes from the sun. However, I will wear my cheaper pairs to the pool when I’m actually swimming in the water.
I’ve also rounded up some of my favorite swimsuits from my personal collection for you:
Also, if you haven’t entered to win the $1000 Nordstrom gift card a group of bloggers and I are giving away, you can do so here.