Who doesn’t love a good sandwich? Crazy people, thats who! Below is a guide to a few of my favorite sandwich spots in the Los Angeles area.
- Lemonade – Not only are their namesake lemonades amazing (watermelon rosemary and the guava limeade are my faves!) but they also have awesome sandwiches. Their menu is seasonal so check back frequently. They also have several locations in and around the Los Angeles area and have recently added a few in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Bay Cities Deli – Parking here can be a little tricky so beware! But trust me, this place is absolutely worth it. I first discovered this restaurant in an episode of Entourage and figured if they were eating it on an HBO show it must be good, right? And literally every other restaurant I’ve ever tried in Santa Monica has far surpassed my expectations so I decided to give it a go. When I went last the sandwich line was approximately 30 mins and they had a sign that said “If you’re on your cell phone we will skip your number” (or something to that affect) which remind me of the “soup nazi” from Seinfeld. Of course I discovered after the fact that you can order online (live and learn!) Their cannoli’s were also out of this world good.
- Bruxie – They serve gourmet chicken and waffle sandwiches which are a big hit with my family. They have great prices and generous portions and several locations in LA, Orange and San Bernardino counties as well as one location in Vegas. I love “The Original” and dip it in maple syrup (YUM!). I’ve never had chicken and waffles otherwise so I don’t have anything to compare it to, however, it would take a lot to top this place for me.
- Italia Panetteria & Deli – This spot has a very similar style to Bay Cities Deli but it is in the much less congested city of Santa Clarita. My kids, who make me hand feed them almost everything, scarfed their sandwiches down before I could even bat an eye and were asking for more. They make their own Italian dressing and cut all of their meats fresh to order. They also offer catering services.
- Urth Caffe – Another restaurant that I had spotted on Entourage that I knew I needed to check out. They serve much more than just sandwiches but their sandwiches are definitely some of the best. I visited their Pasadena location after hiking at Echo Mountain with friends and we all shared a variety of different things from sandwiches, to locks and cream cheese pizza, salads, soups and pastries. It was a delicious afternoon 🙂 I’ve drawn the conclusion that you cannot go wrong with anything you order from here.
- Joan’s on Third – This is another one of those places where you seriously can’t go wrong. They have incredible sandwiches as well as fresh salads, sweet treats and a full menu of breakfast options. I discovered this place by watching Tia Mowry at Home on the Cooking Channel. I really enjoyed all of the recipes that Tia makes on her show (tried and tested) so I figured if she likes it, it must be good.