It’s #motivationmonday and I’m here to tell you if there’s anything you’re waiting for or anything standing in between you starting your fitness journey to let it all go. I don’t care where you’re starting from or what you look like. I don’t even care what your goals are. There are only a handful things you need to achieve your fitness goals, whatever they may be.
People tell me “I’d love to be in better shape but, I love eating too much”. This is the worst excuse I’ve ever heard. What person do you know that doesn’t like eating? I sure don’t know any. I LOVE food, I love to eat and I love trying new restaurants. But I know that I need to balance my normal “clean” diet with treat meals and exercise. Life is all about balance not restriction and indulgence.
The next most popular excuse I hear is “I don’t have time to exercise”. I do understand that due to some professions and schedules squeezing in time for exercise may be a bit more difficult even to the point of being a challenge in some instances. The fact of the matter is that there are 24 hours in a day regardless of who you are and where you live. How you choose to spend them is solely up to you.
If you think that I’m going to tell you that you need a $118 pair of leggings from a designer fitness boutique, you’re wrong. No, these leggings will not change your life but you will be out a good chunk of money for them.
What are the 5 things you need to achieve your fitness goals?
- You have to want it. Sounds simple enough, right? The truth is, until you truly want to be fit you will just be going through the motions. You have to find that fire inside you and chase your goals.
- Patience. You cannot erase a lifetime of bad habits in a week, 2 weeks or even one month’s work. Getting fit is a process, it takes time to change your body. As I’ve said before, it’s a slow and agonizing process but it’s totally worth it.
- Be able to accept and implement change. I’m not saying you can’t or shouldn’t ever eat pizza or cake or Doritos ever again. If you are someone who eats these things every day, I suggest measuring and cutting back on your portions and decreasing the frequency of when you eat them. You cannot keep doing the same things and expect a different outcome. You must make changes. The health and fitness industry is booming right now. There are SO many healthier alternatives to choose from and eating healthfully doesn’t need to be as expensive or difficult as you think.
- A good support system. Positive mind = positive life. You cannot surround yourself with negative Nancies and people who bring you down if you want to improve yourself. Surround yourself with people who are supportive of you even if they aren’t necessarily into your lifestyle. It’s also great to have an accountability partner, even if it is only a Facebook friend or group.
- Ditch your excuses. You are the only person responsible for what you put into your body and what you do with it. Treat your body well. Your health is not a joke, it is your everything. You only have one life to life so why not make the most of it? Sure everyone has days when they’re not feeling 100%, but you can’t let that set you back or even worse, throw in the towel.
I believe anyone has the ability to life a fitter and healthier life. Everyone deserve to be happy and healthy. Please don’t let yourself think anything else.